Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Just So You Know

I've done this a few times before, and I am definitely feeling the need to do it again...So here we go with another mushy, ultra personal post.

I've said it a million times, but I'll say it again-- I have the absolute best friends that any human being could ever ask for. Search the globe--send out signals to distant planets--look far into the past and/or future and you will never be able to find another group of people who care more about me and about each other than the group of individuals that I am surrounded by every single day. Casey, Heather, Bethany, Jillian and the rest of you folks who are here with me every day, I say this as much as I can, but let me say it one more time--I love you and I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Last weekend was perhaps the weirdest weekend I've ever had. From unexpected news Friday night, which 'weirded me out' (so to speak), to a really great evening with Courtney on Saturday, to waking up to what is becoming a weekly attack on me (this time it was an attack on ME, not on people or policies I support IE Bush and any conservative legislation, but me as a human being) which really upset me a lot, there isn't anything that they won't listen to.

Casey, I have been especially thankful for you this week. I can't believe that it took us knowing each other since first grade to become this close. Never could I have imagined that the friendship we have developed would become so important to my very being. I truly don't know what I'd do without you. This week more than any you have listened to me rant, complain, moan and then, on the opposite side of the spectrum, you have listened to me gloat, act like a goofy little 4th grader, and grin like a moron. You're truly a first class person and friend. Thank you so much.

Heather, if/when you read this, you know that you have been here for me this week a lot too. Thanks for listening to me about that 'weird' situation and for making me smile all week. You're my best friend and I'd be lost without you.

This week, much like last weekend, has been strange. It's definitely been a 'jagged' week--that is, there have been very clear ups and downs and you guys have just been amazing. I love you all.

TODAY'S MORAL: Typically I do not post a 'moral' on personal entries--actually I don't think I've been posting many 'morals' at all lately, but today I feel it appropriate. Folks, remember your friends. The bad times are bearable with your close friends. The good times are good because of your friends. This may be the corniest thing you've ever read, but somewhere in your heart I think you're probably thinking of a friend of your own who fits the descriptions above.

I'll try to get back to real posts soon. Sorry for the mush ;)

2 Comments:

At 12:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeff, I can't thank you enough for the things you wrote about me. :) And I feel PRECISELY the same way about you. You are one of the best friends that I have ever had and I'm so glad that you're here... and I also agree with the concept that I never imagined we would become such close friends...but I am so very glad. I love you dearly and your "moral" was excellent..and the friends i thought of that fit those descriptions were you and Heather. I admire you a lot for your "mushiness" as you ususally call it..and just all around. Thanks again for being my friend and for this post ;)

 
At 7:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the comment you left on my xanga, Jeff!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home