Monday, November 27, 2006

A little something fun

A little something fun to get the week started. Via the Anchoress:


What Kind of Reader Are You?
Your Result: Dedicated Reader

You are always trying to find the time to get back to your book. You are convinced that the world would be a much better place if only everyone read more.

Literate Good Citizen
Book Snob
Obsessive-Compulsive Bookworm
Fad Reader
Non-Reader
What Kind of Reader Are You?
Create Your Own Quiz

I don't know how accurate this thing really is dedicated reader? yes, I think so...literate good citizen? Yea, I'd like to think so. Book snob? For the most part, I don't really get into those so called "fad books," I don't read much fiction and I'm pretty picky about my non-fiction. But OCD bookworm? No. I don't think so. I like to read, but sometimes I just don't feel like it! And most of what I read is in the form of periodicals and online blogs.

Here's another one:

What American accent do you have?
Your Result: The Midland

"You have a Midland accent" is just another way of saying "you don't have an accent." You probably are from the Midland (Pennsylvania, southern Ohio, southern Indiana, southern Illinois, and Missouri) but then for all we know you could be from Florida or Charleston or one of those big southern cities like Atlanta or Dallas. You have a good voice for TV and radio.

The West
Boston
North Central
The South
The Northeast
Philadelphia
The Inland North
What American accent do you have?
Take More Quizzes

I have a good accent for radio or TV! I'm not surprised about this one. I think it's a product of living in this particular area of WV. I'm too far north to get the Southern accent, but too far south to get the Northern accent and so I have some combination thereof.

Anyway, I'll try to post regularly over the next two weeks, but as the semester winds down, the intensity winds up and so I'll be very busy with tests, last minute assignments and a few end of the year essays.

Back with more later this morning...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home