Sunday, May 01, 2005

Copy-Cat

Just call me a copy-cat, because I guess that's what I am.

I need to rant. Yes. I know. That's what I always do--rant about politics, about war, about dumb liberals, about the media and about stupid people. But today I just need to rant because I need to. I need to rant about everything. Everyone. All at once.

To do this, I'm going to thief--yes, thief--Casey's idea: I'm going to share my list of things I am tired of, hate and/or want to see changed. They will, doubtlessly, fall into a variety of categories. Here you go:

  1. I am tired of fueding lovers. That's the only way to describe it--fueding lovers. I am tired of people my age who say, at one moment, "I love you," when, in reality, they have no idea what love is. They fight and pick about stupid things instead of over looking them. They say things just to hurt the other person. Then, that other person takes the 'hurter' back into her arms and says its ok. Then the cycle repeats. I am tired of this. I want this to stop. People like this are why young people are scoffed at when they say their in love.
  2. I am tired of lazy people. I am tired of hearing about how home work was put of yet again, studying was put of yet again, this was put of yet again and now this person is under enormous stress. It's sad. If you can't finish your work when you wait until the last minute, then don't wait: Do it NOW.
  3. I'm tired of people who are inappreciative. I don't like people who poke fun at, make fun of, put down or write off something that they have which, though they may not see it, has high value. We need to all, and that we includes me at times, remember that God gives us everything--and we should be thankful for everything. EVERYTHING.
  4. I'm tired of drunkards. Shepherd University is plagued with drunkards--especially on Wednesday nights. Ross made a comment on his blog about how the drinking age should be lowered because it would decrease the abuse of alcohol which occurs. Ross, I agree 100% that the drinking age should be 18, but I don't think for one minute that it will help stop stupidity. Stupidity is a problem with deeply embedded roots which no law modifying will help stop.
  5. I'm tired of cartoons. I realize that cartoons are not something to be make you made, but they make me mad. I don't understand how somebody in the 18-20 age range can be so consumed by hours upon hours, and I mean that literally, of cartoons. Family Guy, Simpsons, King of the Hill, Spongebob, Looney Tunes, Jimmy Neutron: I am tired of you all and if I was given the chance, I would arm myself with an eraser and commit cartoon genocide. I'd take one of those fat pink erasers and go to town and I wouldn't stop until every shred of your little drawn body was eradicated. Goodbye cartoons. Goodbye.
  6. I'm tired of people who make themselves out to be victims. It's disgusting. I hate it.
  7. I'm tired of 'Gay-Pride.' I'm tired of ugly lesbians--all lesbians--making out outside the dining hall window. I'm tired of 'ALLIED' stickers, 'Help Fight Hate' buttons, 'Support gay, lesbian, bi-sexual etc.etc.' stickers. I'm tired of girly-men skipping down the hall way with other men. It's a sin. It's evil. It's wrong. It's immoral. It's gross. I am tired of it.
  8. I'm tired of people who do not see their own self worth. I'm tired of them having no confidence in their abilities, intelligence, talent, looks, etc. etc. I'm tired of them putting themselves down. I'm tired of them not believing in themselves, despite all anyone tells them about how wonderful they are.
  9. I'm tired of people who think the world owes them something when they have done nothing, and I do mean nothing, to deserve anything from the rest of the world. They are the people who are always stressed, though they have nothing to stress about. They're always swamped, though they do nothing that requires hard work. They want pity, though they do not deserve it.
  10. Just to make an even '10,' I'm tired of the NHL lockout. This is stupid. Guys, get this crap fixed and get some puck going for next year. This MUST end NOW. I HAVE to have hockey next year or I think I might just explode. I miss watching it, feeling it, loving it. It is hard to love something you have seen nothing positive about for a year and a half. I neeeeeed some NY Rangers' hockey in my heart, and I need it now.

Just so that I am not completely negative, I'll share a few things--though probably not as many--that I am happy with and want to continue.

  1. I am quite happy with my own personal relationship. Courtney and I rarely fight--actually, the last fight we had was over a year ago. We rarely argue. We get along well. She is kind and cares about me more than, I think, anybody else. I try to do the same for her. She makes me laugh and smile all the time. She takes good care of me, and I try to do the same for her. She has been in Florida for the past week, and that has made me remember just how much I love her and has made me appreciate the time I have with her even more.
  2. I am happy with my friends, for the most part. I have always said I'm blessed with the best friends ever. I'm sure others feel this way outside of the 'HHS' group, but I just feel like I graduated with, or attended high school with, some of the best young people on the face of the earth. While there are a few who were outside of the class of '04, I think the majority of us graduated together. I appreciate and love you all.
  3. I am happy with my freshman year at Shepherd. My grades are good. My classes have been enjoyable. My memories are plentiful. I'm lucky to be here and I love Shepherdstown--even with all of its liberal, leftist commie weirdos.
  4. I'm happy with my life as a whole. Sometimes I get annoyed or aggravated, but on a whole, my life is really good.
  5. I'm happy with the weather lately. I know that is a weird one, but I am. It's been just perfect--in the mid '60's--for the past few days. Wonderful.
  6. I am happy that the new Star Wars movie is out in less than 20 days. How wonderful.

I told you I would struggle to come up with many.

I know that this post has been boring, but I do not care. This is a forum for my thoughts, not yours.

Finals start this week, so posting may be even less than usual. Sorry about that, too.

For any college/high school student who reads this--good luck to you all on finals. May God bless you and help you through them ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home