Tuesday, April 19, 2005

I'm Telling the Pope

A new Pope was elected today. Wow. That's something I have never, ever said before. Here's the story from AP:

VATICAN CITY (AP) -- Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger of Germany, a longtime guardian of doctrinal orthodoxy, was elected the new pope Tuesday evening in the first conclave of the new millennium. He chose the name Pope Benedict XVI.

Ratzinger, the first German pope in centuries, served John Paul II since 1981 as head of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith. In that position, he has disciplined church dissidents and upheld church policy against attempts by liberals for reforms. He turned 78 on Saturday.
It is a great relief to know that a conservative Pope was elected. I think that this, coupled with the fact that he served Pope John Paul II, means that the new Pope will maintain the churches stance against gay marriage, against abortion, etc. etc. This means that I can tattle to him about the naughty kids here at Shepherd.
This week is GLBT Week. That's, Gay-Lesbian-Bisexual-Transgender week. It's disgusting, it's annoying and I hate it.
The buildings are plastered with garbage about how you should 'be an ALLIE, not a hater.' ALLIES is an acronym for something something something alternative lifestyles something something else. I don't know what it stands for completely, but it's something about 'alternative lifestyles.' When you become an ALLIE, you pledge to work for 'diversity' and 'understanding' and 'gay-rights' and 'fighting hatemongerers who oppose gays' and all that crap.
Also on one of the buildings is a big announcement about a 'drag show' to support 'alternative lifestyels.' Gosh, I wonder if that means 'drag show' as in a 'drag-racer car show.' Probably not.
I'm not a 'hatemongerer' or a 'hater' just because I don't sign the stupid petition about how I support gays. I don't support gays. I don't hate them, but I don't support them!
The youth minister at my church preached this Sunday, and he did a great job! He was talking about the culture that we live in today and about how hard it is on a lot of kids. This is true. He said that, as a Christian, it is not our job to hate gays--as a Christian, we CANNOT hate gays or anyone else for that matter. But, he also said that it is wrong and it is a sin. He said that we are to love people struggling with homosexuality and offer to support them and pray for them, but we are in no way, shape or form to tell them that what they're doing is 'ok.' I think he makes a good point.
TODAY'S MORAL: Again, I find myself saying, "if you don't agree with us completely, then you are evil and wrong and should be protested." If I don't say that it's ok to be gay, I am a 'hater' and should be stopped. That's absurd. Remember, never challenge what a leftist or a liberal says to you, just follow blindly and shake your head.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home