Friday, April 29, 2005

Friday Mix-up

I'm changing my way of doing things starting this Friday. Instead of ONLY posting cat pictures and ONLY discussing Mr Beautiful (seen below), I might just start posting random pictures and random thoughts about whatever--highly reflective, rants, praises, happy, mad. Whatever moves me at that particular moment.

This Friday's picture will stay with the traditional fat-cat Friday of the past:

Sleeping Beauty Posted by Hello
It is 11:09 a.m. as I begin to type this entry. I am at work. I should have only been here for 9 minutes, though in actuallity I have been here for 2 hours and 9 minutes because I am a nice person who came in to provide coverage while Carla is out. This means that I have another 2 hours ahead of me. I don't really want to be here, but what am I going to do?
Next Friday will be much of the same. I am here from 9-12 next week, because I have an exam at noon. Then it will be off to Jefferson High School for high school tennis regionals.
It is raining. That makes me sad.
This week has been very draining for me. I've watched my friends struggle through a lot this week--studying for finals, hurrying to finish papers for history classes and English classes, worrying about grades, relationship problems, difficulties between friends back home, irritation at situations which are beyond the control of normal humans, and a multitude of other things. I myself have not struggled with much this week--my history paper was written rather effortlessly, I feel comfortable about most of my exams, I am not in a big rush to finish any assignments and Courtney and I are doing quite well, though she is in Florida and I miss her terribly.
Our old friend Mr. Williams is at it again. This time bashing--well, perhaps not bashing, but at least putting down--Romney. This greatly upsets me and most of us here at Shepherd, because we all love 'home' and miss it a great deal.
Although I do not agree with him on many of his views, I can understand where he is coming from. He doens't think Romney has much to offer him, and I can understand that. I sometimes feel that way myself, but I do not revert to tearing down the ole place because of it.
Listen, friends, I have something to say to you: If you cannot find what you are looking for in the place you are, seek it some place else. But remember that where you come from makes you who you are, whether you like it or not. If you only find negative in where you come from, perhaps it is because you only see negative in yourself. I think it is possible to part ways with your old home town on friendly terms--just simply say, "this is not what I need. It is good, but it is not what I need," and be on your way. Take the Toby Keith approach and say, "I ain't saying that's wrong, it just don't make sense to me," and be done with it.
As I said above, I do not blame Ross for his lack of interest in returning home because I often have my share of doubts, but there must be a balance between the old (home) and the new (wherever you are or are headed). Also, I think that it is important to leave on a 'happy note' because if--when--you find that you are never happy, no matter where you go, and you want to go home, you will not be welcomed with open arms, but instead rejected in the same rude way in which you rejected home. That will be a sad day.
I had intended to rant about stupid people who fight with each other and then make up and then break up and then make up whilst driving their roommate nuts, but I don't feel like getting into it. Maybe later or tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home