Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Childish

I was almost to the point that I just couldn't find anything that really inspired me to write tonight, so I was just going to have a four day break from blogging, but alas, just when I think that I can find nothing, I see a little pop up. Now this little pop up is notorious for pissing me off. It drops down in my way every single time I try to check my email at Netscape It is just infuriating. Today's top headline was, "Bush's Appalling Word Mix Up." I just had to know. Expecting him to have said something unusually awful, I braced for the worst. As I read this I couldn't help but feel ashamed to live in a time when this kind of immaturity is allowed to be posted as breaking news. I'd post the link, but the little headlines change hourly, so it probably wouldn't be there.


President Bush's Appalling Word Mix-Up
President George W. Bush has done it again. He uttered a doozy of a "Bushism" on Monday; that is, saying something he can't possibly mean but sounding and acting for all the world like he does. While speaking in Poplar Bluff, Missouri on Labor Day, Reuters reports that Bush offered an unexpected reason for cracking down on frivolous medical lawsuits: "Too many Ob-Gyns aren't able to practice their love with women all across this country."



Grow up people are Reuters. There really is no need for this sort of sophmoronic behavior. These people are like a couple of fourth graders giggling at the puberty movie we all have to watch. I guess we must live in a beautiful world where nothing of any true 'newsworthiness' comes up if this is a headline. Shame on you, Reuters!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home