Monday, December 04, 2006

McCain's thoughts on the Baker-Hamilton Commission?

From The Evening Bulletin via Instapundit:

"Well in war, my dear friends, there is no such thing as compromise; you either win or you lose," McCain said.

The rest of the article is about the potential presidential bid, his Vietnam experience (which, I'm sorry to say and I certainly mean no disrespect for his service, but I'm always reminded of the SNL sketch where McCain is talking about his service in Vietnam and then President-to-be Bush (Will Ferrell) fesicously says, "What a second, you were in Vietnam, well I hadn't heard") and his general thoughts on the Iraq war.

I don't agree with a lot of what McCain says, but he certainly sums the truth up quite poignantly here, doesn't he?  Well said, Johnny Boy.

But I can't help but wonder if his statement extends to pending wars, such as the one with Iran or North Korea if we don't stop them now?  What about wars of will, again as seen in the conflict between what we want--no nukes for Iran or Korea--and what they want--the ability to wipe us off the face of the Earth? He's using that maverick talk that got Duby in trouble, isn't he?  Does that equate to "you're either with us or against us?"  Guess not.

 

Technorati tags: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 9:24 PM, Blogger The Game said...

Well done...I think you and your readers might enjoy commenting on my blog...hope to see you there

 

Post a Comment

<< Home