Sunday, December 03, 2006

Christmas list

Every year my grandmother is the first to hassle me about a "Christmas list," which I have never been fond of making.  In fact, I think I've actually only made a Christmas list once or twice my entire life.  This year, my mother, grandmother, girlfriend, friends and just about everybody else has asked me, "Just what do you want for Christmas?"  I reply very simply, "I don't know."

And the truth is, I don't.  Oh there are big-ticket items--like a new computer, this ole Dell Inspiron 8600 just doesn't run like she did three and one half years ago when I got her--but that's unnecessary and, truly, unrealistic.  Besides that, I'm so picky about big-ticket items that it is typically best if I'm left to take care of those myself.  But the small stuff that most lists are made of--books, CD's, DVD's, etc--just doesn't really interest me.  I have a stack of books that I want to read, but never seem to find the time to in the midst of all my reading for school.  Music is hard for people to buy for me, because I have a sort of strange taste and I'm quite picky with that as well.  I don't really watch movies all that much--if I've seen it once, chances are I don't need nor want to see it again.  And nobody wants to buy me clothes, partially because I have the tastes of a 62 year old man.  So I thought it might be interesting to ask what other people, regardless of age or sex, are asking/desiring for this Christmas.  Please, by all means, leave me a little note and tell me.

 

Technorati tags:

1 Comments:

At 9:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, since you asked:

- a laptop bag
- a few small pieces of jewlery
- a scarf
- a bottle of perfume
- a car payment!
- a small bible to use on weekends I go home
- a brown dress coat

That's what I asked for from the parents, among some other things.

Hope you had a good weekend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home