Thursday, September 21, 2006

Unacceptable!

This from Little Green Footballs:

Nancy Pelosi and Charles Rangel came out with statements against Hugo Chavez today; Allahpundit has a vidclip: Rangel warns Chavez not to attack “my president”.

Some might say this calls for the flying pig, but I think I’ll keep the porker in her hangar. I don’t want to cheapen that noble symbol by applying it to such a cynical political maneuver by people who have said the very same things Hugo Chavez is saying.

UPDATE at 9/21/06 1:46:48 pm:

I almost want to applaud Tom Harkin for having the guts (sometimes indistinguishable from stupidity) to acknowledge that Chavez is a kindred spirit (i.e. deranged with hatred for George W. Bush): Harkin defends Venezuelan President’s U-N speech against Bush. (Hat tip: MoonbatBane.)

Iowa Senator Tom Harkin, a Democrat, today defended Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez’s United Nations speech in which Chavez called President George Bush the devil. Harkin said the comments were “incendiary”, then went on to say, “Let me put it this way, I can understand the frustrion at, ah, and the anger of certain people around the world because of George Bush’s policies.”

Rangel and Pelosi should be commended for--even if not as sincere or passionate as it should be--at least defending Bush.

Harkin, on the other hand, is absolutely disgusting.

I am not a fan of the United Nations--never have been and without serious reform, I never will be--but this is just beyond any logical defense. The UN has now transformed from simplying being an irrelevant body of uselessness to a stage for big mouthed terrorist thugs like Chavez or Iran's president. These mad men were permitted to come to my country stand in then center of New York City and call my President "the devil." Unacceptable.

I just watched the 11 showing of O'Rielly (actually it's on right now) and that mouthpiece Al Sharpton was just on. He said that he things Chavez was out of line, but that it's difficult to feel to bad for Bush when he 'essentially did the same thing' when he used the "Axis of Evil" reference in his speech.

The UN has to go. I read on another blog just a second ago which said (to paraphrase) "Let's ponder a world without the UN. It would probably be a lot like the world with the UN only a lot cheaper." Yea, a lot cheaper and we wouldn't have a stage for mad men like Chavez.

Disband the UN or--if they must continue to exist--abolish them from this country forever. Those are our only real options...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home