Monday, September 18, 2006

Kick in the butt (Blogger Beta Headaches)

I could kick myself in the butt for jumping to try the new Blogger Beta.

The third party software I frequently used (Hello and Picassa--which, for crying out loud, are owned by GOOGLE and should therefore automatically work with another GOOGLE OWNED PRODUCT--and Qumana) do NOT work with Blogger Beta yet. There is also some talk that YouTube is an iffy sort of situation.

The biggest hurt, though, is that Qumana doesn't work. Which means that it's back to the olden days of editing all text right on Blogger's stupid dashboard, thus--as I'm sure any reader noticed--block quoting and general text formatting looks like poo. Well there's nothing I can do about it yet.

So why oh why did I switch. Well it was unintentional. The instructions say that you can switch your blog to beta, not that the entire account would be switched. With that in mind, I created a temporary blog with the intent of switching it to beta. Well, when I switched that single blog, the entire account was dragged over to the dark side and so here I am, sitting in beta, with nothing to do.

I have emailed Qumana about updating to interface Beta, but they have not--as of 10:34--replied. I will update with news as it arrives...

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 6:34 PM, Blogger Tris Hussey said...

I think I got back to you ... The Blogger beta is a huge headache. I think it's a moving target. Hacks that were working aren't anymore. We might have to wait until it settles until we can develop a fix for it.

 
At 10:30 PM, Blogger Jeff said...

yea. you did. Thanks for replying and working to fix this. I completely understand the time factor, but i can't help but look forward to you guys getting the problem fixed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home