Monday, October 10, 2005

Picked Up

The Vent Pipe has officially been picked up by print journalism.

Last week, in a fit of despair, I felt that I had no other choice but to write a (300 word over the limit) letter to the editor in response to the increasingly leftist Picket, the school newspaper at Shepherd University. My letter was published, and the Editor in Chief invited me to meet with him and discuss my concerns.

I'll admit, I was nervous. The letter seemed as if, while he was happy that I was open and honest, Mr. Editor was not so happy with the content of my letter. He hinted that I may be asked to write on a more regular basis, rather than simply writing letters to the floundering newspaper. As I entered the meeting room, I noticed two things 1) the meeting was not just between the Editor and myself and 2) the 'cliques' which I had so much admonished in my brief stint with the Trojaneer (newspaper of Hampshire High) were very much alive and well here at Shepherd U. I ignored the cliques, much as I had in high school, and took my seat at the table. After a short list of announcements from Mr. Editor, he instructed the staffers to 'break into sections.' Not knowing what to do, I introduced myself to Mr. Editor and explained that I wasn't sure exactly why I had been called to the meeting--he interupted me and told me to go talk to (and I'm not making this up) Roy Rogers. Roy informed me that I had been awarded 500 column words biweekly for a conservative topic of my choice if I wanted to accept the offer. I did.

So, my first column is due in less than 24 hours. I have written (about my favorite topic to slam--the United Nations [specifaclly the IAEA]) it and will cross-post it on here after I submit it for publication.

Thanks again to the few loyal readers I have and here is to another step in the right (ok that was corny) direction by expanding our market into print journalism...

3 Comments:

At 8:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 8:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 7:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

test test test

 

Post a Comment

<< Home